These deep black “masterpieces” made from ebonite – vulcanised natural rubber – are hand-sawn, handcut and hand-polished. If the comb bears “Hercules Sägemann” embossed with gold colored foil, it is the best in the world, the best of its kind and fulfils the highest professional demands.
- 100 % organic – vulcanised natural rubber
- Made in Germany, in 40 work steps by our employees
- Embossed with gold colored foil
- Gentle to the hair and scalp thanks to perfectly rounded burr-free teeth
- Tried and tested design with perfect ergonomics
- Twist-resistant and yet flexible
- Chemical and heat-resistant
- For each hair type and individual look the suitable product
Ebonite is vulcanised natural rubber: When vulcanised in hot steam, rubber’s soft structures are crosslinked by sulphur molecules and thus a material is created which is fl exible yet dimensionally stable.
The natural rubber is pressed between metal foil and the comb mould. After vulcanisation the metal foil is
removed and ebonite has been formed out of the soft rubber.
The comb sheets are then worked by hand (grinding, sawing and polishing) whereby the surface quality as
well as the precision of the tooth-cutting are constantly monitored so that only faultless combs without any
hair damaging burrs leave our factory.
Finally, the comb is embossed with gold-colored foil with the world famous ’Hercules Sägemann’, the
brand which guarantees highest quality, functional design and maximum hair protection.